Tuesday, 25 November 2008

Fort, beach and the cruise - Goa Day 2

Early next morning we started to Aguda fort , I have very little clue about the history of this place but one fact I'm sure about is that the bollywood film Dil Chahta hai was shot here. So all of us were thrilled to click few pics at this spot :)
Aguada in Portuguese translates to 'water' and the fort has been called so for the spring within the ramparts that provided water supply to the ships that called here arriving after the long sea voyage from Lisbon.




Later that day was a time for some adrenalin rush, we set out on the water scooter in the beach jus' for the sheer thrill of it.. OMG!! loved the feel of the chill breeze hitting my face but did feel a little scared at times :p . It was my first time experience in a water scooter :) . Goa is turning out to be a times for many of my firsts :)



By then it was time for lunch, after a heavy meal we opted to spend a fun filled relaxed evening in the shores of Vagator beach. It was a calm black soil beach with rocks in the middle. We also did a little bit of shopping ( I got these goan slippers , and some junk jewellery ) in the shops along the beach.


day 2 to continue..

13 comments:

edson_dias said...

looks like you had fun on your goa trip. But dil chahta hai was shot at chapora fort & not aguada.

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@edison

Yup, indeed we did :). Well, I thought and heard it was at this place we visited. Thanks for the info :)

edson_dias said...

you are most welcome.
do check my goa pictures blog www.pictures-of-goa.com

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@edison

Sure, I'll be right there :)

ShantanuDas said...

hey! You loook hip here!!...!!

ShantanuDas said...

I thought the name was Aguada...?

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Shantanu das

Thank you! :) May be your rite and I have mis spelled it. Will check it over again :)

Cuckoo said...

Good to see your travel blog. Keep posting, I will come back again.

And, thanks for dropping by my blog.

Keep coming there as well.

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Cuckoo

Thank you so much for dropping by :). I will surely be there to read more at your blog space :)

Vasanthan said...

btw that is a jet ski, not a water scooter. these pictures look so nice. this is the best way to travel- with friends. you can't achieve this much enjoyment if you are traveling with family.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Vasanthan

I was all along thinking it was a water scooter ;) Thanks for letting me know and yea agreed, it is a different kinda fun when on a trip with friends.

I wonder if I would have been on a jet ski if at all had it been a family trip :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Anonymous

Thank you so much :) happy to know that you feel my blog is getting better. Will surely keep it going :)