Friday, 7 November 2008

Shopping at Bugis street

This turned out to be one of my most fun filled shopping experiences in Singapore. This a place where you can get stuffs at bargain rates. Bugis gives an air conditioned street shopping experience with over 600 stalls from hawker centres, cafes to shop selling trendy street wears.



We got off at Bugis junction and jus' opposite to the MRT station is Bugis street. Bugis junction is where you can find high end malls , the place where you can shop for branded , exclusive merchandise whereas jus' crossing the road leads you to the essence of street shopping for those of you who love to bargain , jus like me. I would consider this to be the perfect place to buy souvenieur and gifts for friends and family back home.

I got myself the Singapore dress, did a little bit of clothes shopping and collected a lot misc. items from the $10 store which you find all over Bugis. Thou' one can't assure about the quality of stuffs found here, but neverthless a fun place to shop at and understand and experience the real local culture of Singaporeans.

6 comments:

Vasanthan said...

actually i should have told u that there a trick into earning a personal photo session with the dolphins. to answer a specific question in the show.

a friend of mine has won that one, and proudly boasts her picture with a pink dolphin giving her a kiss.

It has been ages since i went to Sentosa. the best way to go to Sentosa is by driving, you save alot from that. The next time you come to Singapore i can be your driver.

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Vasanthan

Yup,I came to knwo about dancing with the dolphin and getting a photgraph with it during the show. But missed the chance ..

Will surely let you know the next time I visit Singapore :)

Kalpana said...

I too got 1 dress...:)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Kalpana

cool.. I somehow like the Singapore dress , it looks cute :)

Anonymous said...

Hi man

It is my first time here. I just wanted to say hi!

Anonymous said...

Just popping in to say nice site.