Friday, 7 November 2008

Sun, Sand and the Sea @ Sentosa

Sentosa is an island few kms away from Singapore which you can reach via the Sentosa express train, cable car or road. We opted to take the mono rail that connects Singapore to Sentosa from the Vivo city station.

Sentosa is a beautiful place to relax and chill out from the city's fast paced lifestyle. Here you can romance the sun, sand and the sea :)

This place can entertain people of all age groups, but let me warn you ..Sentosa is a tad too expensive. On reaching Sentosa we opted for a package entry to the various attractions . First we took a ride on the sky tower. From the tower I was actually able to see Singapore and traces of Malaysia as well .

We took a Merlion walk and moved to have a peak into the butterfly and insect kingdom. OMG!! I never knew few insects looked so attractive until I was here :) . I specially liked the butterfly park which was a huge netted area filled with colorful winged little things..

We had a peak into the underwater world, where I was enlightened about the various species of sea species. They also have various packages where you can up close with the variety of sea species.
The dolphins were a fun lot to watch in the Dolphin lagoon, it moreover rained jus' before the show started . So I was a little skeptical if I would be able to catch the dolphins in action. But, neverthless I wasn't disappointed.

Lastly , comes the star of the show or atleast that how I'd like to call it. The Laser show , which drew a huge crowd. The Songs of the Sea laser show gets all my votes to make my trip to Sentosa a very fun filled and a memorable one..
I loved everybit of the show. Its one place where the water, light and the fire comes into action. I specially liked the fire thingy.. Will try finding the video and posting it soon .

7 comments:

Kalpana said...

yes, u can have blasting time over there...

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Kalpana

I so agree with you dear :)

Known Stranger said...

hey - you did capture this fountain dance ? wow. I failed. I did capture but not to this clarity. Curse my camera. nice photo. I liked the show. Will you believe i went twice the next day also to watch the show.

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Known stranger

Thank you :) Lol.. you went twice again. Well, I too would have if I ahd stayed there for longer.. It was amazing :)

Known Stranger said...

I was working in south east asia. I went more than twice. Every once a year during my stay in south east asia i visited the place. I almost memorized the roads . i enjoy back packing a lot and did a back packing in singapore for diwali 2007 for 7 days. covered major part of singapore by walk and cycling

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Known stranger

Thats nice to know about you :) Back packing is a great way to explore a place, I would love to do it too sometime :). You should have had loads of fun exploring S'pore rite. One neatly planned out city :)

Asha Ram said...

Nice blog, Shalini! Reminded of our vacation at Singapore:
http://asha-ram.blogspot.in/2012/02/singapore-sentosa.html