Saturday, 31 January 2009

Our stay at Jaipur

For our first 2 days of stay in Jaipur we opted to stay at the Rajputana Sheraton . A beautiful hotel run by the Sheraton group whose exteriors have been designed to look like a palace. My dad had a membership with Sheraton group so we got this really cool offer to stay there at half the cost and avail numerous other offers on food and beverages :) . Their staff were really very courteous , well I did really have to make a special mention about it .


The room looked so welcoming as we entered . Me being me, so wanted to crash into the bed but had to wait for a lil while before I could click pics before its all messed up. I loved the interiors too, me thou' not a great fan of Sheraton hotels I do have to agree that they have some really nice rooms :)

This is one of the really nice hotels I've stayed at and one that has made a great use of technology wherever possible .. I was surprised to see that the TV volume lowered automatically as I picked the phone to call the reception.


My favourite place in the hotel was this courtyard  area which was open to sky and had a lot of small curio shops selling various ethnic stuff signature to Jaipur, Rajasthan.

4 comments:

Ramana KV said...

The hotel looks fabulous :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Ramana

Yup, it does. I totally loved it :)

Vasanthan said...

nice hotel, looks ideal for honeymoon, should have suggested this place to my friends.

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Vasanthan

May be the next time you could :)