Sunday, 27 December 2009

The last evening in Jaipur - City palace and Rambagh palace

It was one of the evening that I was most looking forward to, not because it was our last day there I totally loved Jaipur. It was for the only reason that we were gonna dine at Rambagh palace that evening. What a way to end the trip :)

But before that we had planned to visit the city palace - the seat of the Maharaja of Jaipur. This place has a number of buildings that seve variuos purposes. We got to see the Dharbar kinda place where the ministers gather to look upon any issues or to make any judgement. It was more like the court of yester years.


City Palace - Jaipur




There also was an exhibition of paintings and other art works in a few halls in the palace , the works were so very artistically done. City palace is also home to the largest (heaviest) silver ware in the world .



For once in my trip I truly wanted to experience Jaipur in the royal rajasthan way, so when it was decided that we were to dine at Rambagh palace even my cold and fever couldnt stop me from getting dressed up in a finely sequined salwar suit and pair it with finely embellished jutas I got from Jaipur and I was all set.. :)




Loved the grandeur and royalty of the place , I know little of the historic connections to the place but I jus' know that Queen Gayatri Devi lived there when we visited a year ago (but she is no more) and a part of the palace has been converted into a hotel by the Taj Group. This was enough to se me gleaming my way through the paths of Rambagh palace.
We arrived at the place late evening and got to witness some traditional music and dance show by the folk artists. And then it was time to head to dinner. The service was too good, one of the best in the country :) .



Loved every bit of my time at Rambagh palace , I wasn't allowed to take pics of the restaurant once guests started coming in *sigh* :)

4 comments:

karthik s said...

nice pics.. :) btw, do pay my blog a visit whenevr u can.. ;)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Karthik

Thank you :) Will visit your blog soon , been kinda held up with college work.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I agree but I dream the post should acquire more info then it has.

Swathi said...

I never been to jaipur but i know that jaipur is a wonderful place and your blog is giving wonderful information about the places of jaipur and the images are really good.It was great reading your blog. National Travels