Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Kerala Tales

When your flight lands in the runway admist cocunut grooves and banana plantations, when your drive to the hotel is along the Arabian coast line, you know for sure your in God's own country. This is my first visit to Trivandrum, the place is serene, relaxed and you sure don't want to come here on an official trip and miss doing all the touristy stuff.



Though my stay is for quite long, there is very little that I am going to get to know of the place this time, which is only wanting me to make a long holiday trip to this part of the country.

The walk into the techno park in itself feels more like walking into a serene college campus than into an IT park space. Thanks to the wonderful landscaping and lots of greens as far as my vision goes.

Even as I sip tea from the cafeteria in the fourth floor of the building, it feels more like sneaking a peek while climbing a mountain.


Beautiful sunsets, long stretches of beach, friendly people and most of all the slow paced lifestyle is few of the many things that add to the charm of this little town in the south west of India.


As I draft this post I see the first thunder showers of the south west monsoon setting in from my room window.


11 comments:

Shrinidhi Hande said...

do explore more

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Shrinidhi

Sure :) Probably once I get some time off from work.

Madhu Nair said...

Hi Shalini,
Interesting post ... Got here from IndiBlogger ... I do agree the view of the city when the plane approaches the tarmac is amazing ... I have been to Trivandrum many times and I always insist on a window seat away from the wing for a clear view :)
Enjoy your stay in Trivandrum!

Cheers,
Madhu
http://www.10yearitch.com

magiceye said...

a lovely teaser to a forthcoming travelogue!

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Madhu Nair

So true :) Already have a plan for a family vacation to Trivandrum, kovalam, Allepy and more sometime soon :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@magiceye

Thank you ! :) I am only wishing for a quick holiday trip to Kerala to make a full fledged travelogue :)

Anonymous said...

http://twistingthetail.blogspot.com/2011/05/hello-beautiful.html

vote for it if you like it.
my friends blog.

Blognostic said...

Kerala is a beautiful state. Miss my childhood vacations spent there.

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Blognostic

Nice to know your are from Kerala. It certainly is a very serene state :)

Sujoy Das said...

Great Post and informative as well
Sujoy
www.sujoyrdas.blogspot.com

water heater said...

nice the sunset in evening atmosphere.......