Sunday, 24 January 2016

My Singapore sojourn

Singapore makes me nostalgic with memories I have from my first family trip abroad 8 years ago, which also paved for me to start this travel blog. In all these years one thing that remains unchanged for me, is the way people, place and food inspire and my love to share them here ...

My work takes me across the globe, which I am very thankful for :) and the one thing I have realised in my past few trips is that I have a thing for cities with rivers running through them as I feel the river adds a lot more charm to the ever rising concrete, steel and glass structures.


Clarke Quay by the day - during my morning walk



Colorful windows by Clarke Quay

A performance by the water front is a lot more relaxing ... Here is one by the jeep band on a Friday evening by the Esplanade.

                        


And my all time favourite city skyline click by the river.


And the many times I dined alfresco by the river by myself or with friends which make time standstill. I for some reason did not take the river taxi in the Singapore river, will probably keep it for my next visit.

Do you enjoy cities with rivers too ?? Would love to hear your experience.

2 comments:

Neha Sharma said...

I love such cities too.
They seem like a blend of nature with city life.

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Neha Sharma - True, rivers add charm to a city.
Thanks for dropping by my blog, I really loved reading yours :)